Church opening During the Covid 19 Crisis
At the present time with the current Scottish Government regulations in place, the Kirk Session are agreed that it is not feasible to open the church either for private prayer or normal services. Hopefully, however it will be possible to return to normality before too long.
When reopening becomes possible it will be necessary to have volunteers to undertake cleaning of the building and to act as stewards. In preparation for re-opening we are asking for volunteers for those tasks.
Under current regulations Volunteers will be required to undertake the following:
- A thorough cleaning of the whole church will be necessary before the first opening of the building.
- A full clean of the areas in use, before and after each opening either for services or private prayer, using approved disinfectant materials.
- Volunteers will need to observe social distancing and wear a face covering and wash hands on entry and before leaving.
- Volunteers will be required to direct cleaning operations on each occasion.
- Will require to control access and take contact details.
- Ensure that everyone entering the church hand washes with materials provided.
- Ensure that face coverings are worn.
- Direct worshippers to specified seating.
- Ensure hand washing on departure.